Information for all residents
26th June 2020 | posted in News
We are now providing services that were put on hold during full lockdown.
All repairs – call freephone 0800 0287428
Non urgent repairs only –
· via My RHA - https://www.railwayha.co.uk/news/new-residents-portal-122
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency repairs outside of office hours – use your emergency pull cord or alarm if you have one or telephone 0300 3034917
Our repairs contractors will -
- Make an appointment with you
- Apply anti-bacterial hand gel or wash their hands before entering your home
- Wear any necessary protective clothing
- Ask you to be in a different room from the one they are working in
- Wipe down surfaces in the area they are working.
Please use your repairs handbook to help you provide as much detail as possible so that we know what work needs doing. We won’t be carrying out any pre or post inspections of repairs for the time being.
Planned home improvements
All planned home improvements were stopped due to the coronavirus and now we won’t be able to do everything that was planned for this year.
External works such as fencing has restarted.
· Gas and electric heating replacements will go ahead, to avoid breakdown of older appliances during the winter months
· Kitchen, bathroom, window and external door replacements are on hold.
We will contact each resident who was expecting improvement work at their home this year to let you know what’s happening and ask foryour views on whether holding or progressing the work is the right thing to do.
Other services that have restarted -
- Testing of electrics in individual homes
- Estate inspections where there are concerns that are affecting the local community, such as dumping of rubbish
- Garden maintenance service for all communal gardens
- Letting homes
- Building new homes
Information about your wellbeing
When you request a service from us, we will ask questions about your current health in relation to the coronavirus so we can provide services in the safest possible way.
We are still not visiting or meeting face to face with any residents unless it is absolutely essential. However, we will continue to provide the best possible services by telephone, email and post.
We have tried to contact all 1,500 residents to check on your well-being, offer whatever support we can and also put you in touch with local organisations who may be able to help. If you asked for any advice or assistance, we will keep in touch with you.
There are 240 residents who we haven’t been able to contact. We appreciate that you may not need or want any assistance but if we have not yet been able to speak to you, please call us on freephone 0800 0287428.
Residents should not use the common rooms nor arrange any social gatherings, which are prohibited by the Coronavirus Act 2020 and subject to fines of £100 up to a maximum of £3,200.
The communal laundry can be used but only by one resident at a time.
Hairdressers will be allowed to work from 4th July 2020 but must wear a full-face plastic visor; and the number of residents in the hairdressing room must be limited so that they are 2 metres/6feet apart at all times.
Our staff and contractors are continuing to carry out the usual regular health and safety checks to keep residents safe. They will -
- Apply anti-bacterial hand gel or wash their hands before entering the scheme
- Keep well away from other people
- Wipe down surfaces in the area they are working.
Please help to prevent the spread of coronavirus by keeping away from anyone that you see working in your scheme.
Local Council Tax Support
If you are working age and already receive Council Tax Support you may be entitled to a further discount in your Council Tax bill. You should automatically receive a further discount of £150 but there may be more help available in exceptional circumstances. Please contact your local council for details.
If you usually pay your rent at the Post Office or by Paypoint, please use one of the following methods so you don’t have to go out to pay your rent –
- Direct Debit – call us on 0800 028 7428 to arrange a regular direct debit payment from your bank account
- Telephone – use your debit card to pay via automated telephone line 0844 557 8321, available 24 hours a day. You will also need your Allpay rent payment card. If you can’t use automated telephone lines and prefer to speak to a member of staff please call us on 0800 0287428
- On-line – using your debit card follow the instructions on our website https://www.railwayha.co.uk/do-it-online/make-a-payment/
Difficulty Paying Your Rent
If you are having difficulty paying your rent, perhaps you are sick, have lost your job or are on unpaid leave looking after children, please contact us as soon as possible. We want to help you through these difficult times and will do all we can to make sure that you are getting all of the income and specialist advice that is available to you.
Support for victims of domestic abuse
Are you afraid of someone who is, or was, close to you?
There is lots of help available - in an emergency call the Police on 999
For support or information call –
- National Domestic Abuse free 24-hour helpline 0800 2000 247
- Men’s Advice Line free phone 0808 801 0327
- Broken Rainbow (for lesbian, gay, bi-sexual or transgender) 0800 999 5428
Our staff are working from home and telephone calls are being diverted to them so please bear with us if it takes longer than usual to answer any calls.
The wellbeing and safety of residents, staff and contractors is still our highest priority and we will continue to work and deliver services in a way that avoids, wherever possible, people’s exposure to coronavirus.